Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Ghost Theory

I have never seen a ghost nor am I 100% convinced that they are real. I believe it is one of humanity's ultimate desires to exist eternally and because of this belief, I remain a little skeptical that ghosts really walk amongst us. Believing in or "seeing" ghosts satisfies our mind's yearning to exist forever. So if we don't walk among the living after we die, I have a theory could explain why people see "ghosts".

I am almost convinced that there are more than 4 dimensions (3 space & 1 time). String Theory is based on 11 dimensions. Through parallel universes it is thought that we can travel through time, teleport, exist in two places at once and visit alternate versions of our own reality. Scientists have been able to teleport atoms and prove that they can exist in two places at once. With the force of a black hole, just like space, time is altered. This is why some believe black holes can be used as a means to travel matter through time. However, the force of a black hole would rip us apart.

Most ghost sightings occur in areas of abnormal magnetic fields. What if these magnetic fields alter another parallel time dimension to "bleed" into our own? Maybe the ghosts that we see are actually real people living in an alternate dimension. Then why do we only see "ghosts" in the past and not the future? Maybe its only a one-way thing like in thermodynamics, heat only moves from warmer to cooler areas. We have little understanding of the complexities of time so it's possible that time alterations could only move from past to future. Or maybe aliens are actually "future ghosts"?

It's also strange how most ghost sightings I've heard of are of the recent past. One would think that you would see cavemen ghosts also. An explanation that kind of fits with my theory is that the parallel time dimension is "stretched" into our own through the force of the magnetic field. Maybe the magnetic field does not have enough energy to stretch the other time dimension past a certain amount of years.

How come ghost sightings are always of people? Well sometimes its spirits and demonic entities. But why are there never dog and cat ghosts? Or at least I haven't heard of any. Also, if my theory has any truth to it, wouldn't an alternate dimension also transport non-living objects as well, such as, a chair, bicycle or even a whole house or a mountain range? Hmm...what if the human soul has significance and some kind of relationship with these time dimensions that others do not. Maybe since we understand time and perceive we are able to better travel through it. But why then do the "ghosts" clothes come with them into this dimension? Clothes are just as much a part of us as the other inanimate objects we encounter on a daily basis. Even if we can exist as real ghosts after we die, why would our clothes still be with us? I asked these same questions about superheros...how do their clothes always make it through the destructive forces that their bodies can handle?

Let me know your thoughts...

5 comments:

Kate said...

I think I'm going to force you to borrow Spook and Weird PA (which you actually got for me). Anyway, Weird PA I believe has some cat and dog sightings. There have been several, I did some research on them for my high school senior project. Also, Spook is a funny non-fiction book in which Mary Roach researches this question and talks to all sorts of experts about ghosts and our "soul", etc. It's a great read. You know my stance on this whole debate, but who's to say? Anywho, I'll get Spook from Tara and force it into your brain.

Startup Fiance said...

I have too much to say to just leave a comment on this topic, get a hold of me whenever you can:)

KalEl said...

I saw a ghost years ago on my way home from Collegeville. It was about 2am and I'm going down Neiffer Rd and there's farm with fields on both sides. Well, standing along side of the road no where near any houses is a little girl in a white gown. She was just standing there not moving or anything. Scared the crap out of me I think I hit 100mph until rt 73. Ever since then I hate going down that road it was so freaky.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=500+Neiffer+Rd,+Schwenksville,+PA+19473&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=67.548891,108.28125&ie=UTF8&ll=40.288578,-75.522058&spn=0.008135,0.013218&t=h&z=16

Not By Sight said...

I saw a ghost when I was 7. It wasn't a person, so that negates one of your theories.

My ghost was a ship and I was not alone when I saw it, and we weren't near water. The ship appeared out of nowhere behind a house, then disappeared moments later. It was a schooner type ship and it was very clearly a ship and was not touching the ground. It was as big as the house. Scared the crap out of us. Of course, no one believes us to this day but we still both remember it clearly.

My own theory on ghosts is that dimensional windows open up between times and/or spaces, letting us see things from past times and/or places.

I think your idea about it working in only one direction is a good one because, like you, I've never heard of seeing ghosts from the future.

chadyo said...

Hey Dreamer. That's awesome! I've talked to other people about this and I agree now that there could also be non-person ghosts. That was just a lack of research on my part. I wish I could see something like what you saw.

If your theory of dimensional windows into the past is true I still wonder if there are any limitations to what can be transported through time.